Roof Cleaning FAQ
(1) What are those black streaks on my roof and why should I care?
Those streaks on your roof consist of Gloeocapsa Magma, a type of algae that thrives in humid areas like Cincinnati. It’s become more of a problem in the last few decades because shingle-makers now use limestone filler in the manufacturing process, which is actually a food source for the algae. Roof stains are therefore an indication that your shingles are literally being eaten, quite possibly resulting in a shortened lifespan for your expensive roof. Not only that, but if allowed to go unchecked, the algae build-up can significantly diminish your roof’s reflective properties, resulting in more strain on your air conditioner and higher energy costs. Lastly, those black streaks are unsightly, and can dramatically tarnish the curb appeal of an otherwise beautiful home. After our treatment you’ll be amazed by how great your roof looks, and your neighbors will probably appreciate it, too! Roof cleaning is one of the quickest, most cost-effective ways to instantly sharpen the look of your home and neighborhood.
(2) How would you clean my roof?
Our cleaning process involves the no-pressure application of an industry-proven mix of detergents, followed by a no-pressure rinse. No power washers are used in the process. The system we use is recommended by ARMA (Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association) and GAF (North America’s largest shingle manufacturer), and is safe for your home, family, pets, and any adjacent landscaping. Most average residential roofs can be cleaned by our two-man team in four hours or less!
(3) Will your detergents kill my plants?
No. The solution we use is a powerful cleaning agent, but we go to great measures to rinse down all plants and grass surrounding the house before, during, and after the application. The result is that any detergent over-spray is completely diluted. You may even notice that your landscaping in these areas looks especially green and vibrant in the days following the cleaning due to all the watering!
(5) What do you offer that other roof cleaning companies don’t?We offer a level of professionalism and customer service that you’ll not find with other roof cleaning contractors. We’ll show up when we say we will, we’ll treat your family and your home with the respect they deserve, and we’ll impress you with a caliber of workmanship that is unsurpassed in the industry. When talking with our competitors, ask them if they offer all the things that we do: insurance , professional equipment, a no-pressure cleaning system, clean-cut and polite personnel. Do you really want somebody up on your expensive roof who might not even be insured, or a jack-of-all-trades who blasts away at your fragile shingles with a power washer? There’s a reason why we’re the dominant player on the New Jersey roof cleaning scene: we’re simply the best!
(6) Do I have to be home for the estimate or during the cleaning?
No. We can inspect your roof and leave a written estimate on your front door if you’re not home. You don’t have to be home for the cleaning either, but before you leave please bring pets inside, make sure all doors and windows are closed securely, unlock any gates, and move your vehicles into the garage or out to the street. We will need to use your exterior water spigots during the process, so please make sure that we’ll have access to them. If you won’t be home during the cleaning, please leave a signed copy of the estimate and your check on or near the front door so that we can begin work!
(7) Do you offer any other services?
Yes. We can safely remove the mold and mildew from your vinyl siding with a low-pressure, commercial-grade detergent wash, followed by a low-pressure rinse. We can also clean the mold, mildew, and grime from your concrete sidewalks and driveway with the use of high-quality detergents and professional surface-cleaning equipment.
(8) How much does it cost?
We usually inspect every home’s exterior before committing to a price quote because no roof is exactly the same, and variables like roof size, pitch, perimeter obstacles, and water spigot pressure all factor into the equation. We provide free, prompt, no-hassle written estimates, so please call us or send a message through our contact form.
(9) What forms of payment do you accept?
We prefer that our customers pay by cash or check, but if you’d like to pay by credit card you are more than welcome. Thank you!